[OpenAFS] 1.3.76 -> 1.3.77(or higher)

Paul Lussier pll+afs@permabit.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:19:17 -0500

Hi,

At one time, there was a problem with 1.3.76 such that mounts were not
created properly.  I have a system which has this version of the
Windows OpenAFS client installed, and sure enough, does not work.
Installing a newer version, as expected also does not work.  I'd like
to do a "fresh install" of the OpenAFS client on this host, so I've
uninstalled the openafs client (via Add/Remove Software) and
subsequently searched the registry for any keys containing 'OpenAFS'
and deleted them.

Is this sufficient to consider an installation of 1.3.77 a "fresh
install" and thereby not incur the wrath of this bug?  Or is there
more to do than this?

--
Thanks,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE