[OpenAFS] Bos server troubles with Suse 9.0

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:03:58 -0500 (EST)

Happy New Year all.

Has anyone some advice on the best way to troubleshoot this problem:
I am running Openafs version 1.2.13 on Suse 9.0 / Dell PowerEdge 2650's
Is anyone running OpenAfs production on Suse?

The bos server and volserver on every one of them (12) stopped just
recently. They had been running 25 days. The fileserver continues to run
just fine I just cant move any volumes etc .. I also can't gracefully
shutdown the servers so they all have to be rebooted and run salvager ..
very ugly.

I believe they may have stopped around the time vos backupsys runs at night.

I enabled core files by putting this (ulimit -c 512000) in the startup rc
script but I didnt get any core files.

Some one suggested backtracing. I am unclear on how to do this .. do I run
bosserver in debug mode for 25 days?
Any help would be appreciatted.
/sd

Steve Devine
Storage Systems
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University

301 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra