[OpenAFS] pag's with new 2.6 mechanism

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:18:24 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to migrate an old 2.4.x + OpenAFS 1.2.10 to a 2.6.8 with
OpenAFS 1.3.74 (on Debian).  Everything works okay besides the following
problem.

I run Apache with tokens to access the web server space which is not
publicly accessible.  To do this, I use pagsh as the interpreter for
apache's init script.  The init script launches two processes: the
apache process, and a reauthentication daemon.  The reauth daemon is
just a shell script which periodically kinits and aklogs to keep
Apache's credentials refreshed.  This worked under 2.4, but I guess the
PAG behavior has changed for 2.6 where sys_call_table is unavailable.

I understand a new PAG mechanism was introduced to bypass the
afs_syscall issue, so I guess this is where the problem lies.  Does
anyone know how I can get the 2.4 behavior back?  It's not a client
issue because rebooting into 2.4 with everything else the same works
just as it did before.  I basically just need a way for two processes to
share the same credentials (apache and the reauth daemon).

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>