[OpenAFS] Disk cache not updating

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@columbia.edu
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:36:32 -0500

Brian:

Useful information would be the OpenAFS version number you have
installed.  I have no idea what is the latest OpenAFS rpm available
translates to.

Does it appear from the output of "cmdebug <host> -long" that you
have callbacks for volume in question?  cmdebug lists cache entries
with an ID of the form:  <cellID>.<volID>.<vnode>.<unique>  Using
volume ID you can search the output for entries from the specified
volume and look to see if there is a callback address and a non-zero
expiration time.

Do you have a callback after the "fs flushvol" command is issued?

If you have a callback after the "fs flushvol" and it does not get
renewed at expiration, then there is a bug somewhere.  Perhaps you
are correct in that it is triggered by load.  If so it might be
caused by reference count overflow.  Do any of the reference counts
in the cmdebug output display as negative?

If you do have callbacks and do not see the changes, the second
most likely cause is that the messages from the afs file server
to the client are blocked somewhere.

Jeffrey Altman