[OpenAFS] 1.3.77 Brokenness

Jack Neely jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:43:09 -0500

Folks,

I've been doing some testing with OpenAFS 1.3.77 on the RHEL4 betas.
Just been testing the client against Transarc/OpenAFS 1.2.x servers.

Mostly, things work pretty well.  However, I'm having problems with
large files and have a pretty easy test case.

I keep RHEL/FC install trees in AFS which are served out via HTTP.  I
build the tree on a test machine and use rsync to move it out to AFS
land.  In this case my server is a RHEL3 linux box running OpenAFS
1.2.11.  After moving the tree with rsync (a little over 2G worth) I
see that the cache gets out of sync on large files (20MB, 70MB, etc.)
Rsync complains it cannot delete its dot-files (the file it creates
before moving it to the real filename).  These . files show in an 'ls'
and when I try to rm them I get "No file or directory" yet they still
appear in AFS.  Many of my RPM pacakges are corrupt as well.

When I do the same operation with the 2.4 kernel runnign OpenAFS 1.2.11
things work as expected.

That should be easy enough to reproduce...if you need any more
information just let me know.

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <slack@quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development