[OpenAFS] Aklog can't get tokens

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:39:48 -0800

--On Monday, January 10, 2005 12:53 AM -0500 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@columbia.edu> wrote:

> You have a Kerberos 5 ticket but no Kerberos 4 tickets and you are
> using the Unix aklog which requires the use of krb524d.

That got me headed in the right direction.  Thank you very much!

What I had done was stopped the krb524d some unknown time ago.  I
apparently haven't logged into AFS on this unix client since then or I
would have tripped over this problem sooner.  I forgot all about krb524d.

I haven't had to tinker with the Windows client at all since 1.3.7000.  I
suppose I am due for an upgrade.  It's really nice when I can forget about
the software I am running.  OpenAFS has become that way.

Now I am just waiting for that "IFS" (iirc) change to allow /afs and true
slashes to replace z:\ and back slashes. :)

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells