[OpenAFS] Access rights

Lars Schimmer schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:30:18 +0100

Hiho!

| I've googled a bit and I have found that I should issue the "afslog"
| command to get tokens or something.
| So, after a bit of problems caused by a misconfiguration of the
| heimdal kdc (about krb4 support), and some strange but time-related
| problem with afslog (at one point all tries with afslog ended in some
| Unknown errors, but the problem solved by himself waiting few hours) I
| was able to issue the afslog command without errors and get tokens:
|
| deathstar:~# afslog -v
| krb5 tried afs@INET6.INFO -> -1765328377
| krb5 tried afs/inet6.info@INET6.INFO -> 0
| deathstar:~# tokens
|
| Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
|
| Tokens for afs@inet6.info [Expires Jan 14 22:38]
|    --End of list--
|
| but:
|
| deathstar:~# fs mkm /afs/inet6.info root.cell -cell inet6.info -fast
| fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs/inet6.info'
|
| still there.
|
| I'm quite lost, and I hope someone of you can show me the right road.
| Thanks.

In THAT example you don't hav got a token.
If you got a token it looks like:
~ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@cg.cs.tu-bs.de [Expires Jan 15 15:55]
~   --End of list--

So you have to look why you don't get tokens.
Btw, 1.3.76 is in expermintal, the version that works for my 2.6.8 kernel :-)

Cya
Lars
- --
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03