[OpenAFS] network timeouts

Stefaan stefaandr@hotmail.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:10:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm running OpenAFS over a vpn (using vtun), and I've done my very best to
tune the vpn's efficiency, but...  Even though the vpn stays up, during a
large file upload I still get
Jan 16 02:29:35 [kernel] afs: Lost contact with file server 134.58.189.252
in cell stefaan.ulyssis.org (all multi-homed ip addresses down for the
server)
Jan 16 02:29:36 [kernel] afs: failed to store file (110)
and then my file upload is cancelled due to "Connection timed out".

Now I haven't got the fastest upload in the world, but it's very
destructive of afs to hang up on me like this and kill the file I was
saving.  At least I would be very annoyed if it was an openoffice-document
or similar.
Any ideas for a solution?  Like a way to do a "hard"-mount (just like with
nfs), or at least to increase the timeout?

Thanks,

Stefaan