[OpenAFS] where to put NetRestrict?

Hagbard Celine Hagbard Celine <footourist@gmail.com>
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:14:13 +0100

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:54:35 +0100, Sergio Gelato
<Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se> wrote:
[...]
> I would not be too surprised to learn that the 1.2.3 build did indeed use
> /etc/openafs/server-local .

Actually, I'm using version 1.3.74 from the experimental repository
(1.3.74-1). It's not top notch but it's quite new.

> Now, it should never be necessary to list 127.0.0.1 in NetRestrict.
> If it shows up in the first place, that probably means that either your
> /etc/hosts or your /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file is wrong.
> (Speaking of which, if you're using openafs-* packages older than 1.2.6-1
> you need to be careful which version of /usr/bin/host is installed on your
> system. Once again: stay away from that old 1.2.3final2-6, especially for
> new installations.)

I'm quite confident in my /etc/hosts and I really do not undestand why
it does show 127.0.0.1 in vos lista.
I would like not to use a dirty trick as the NetRestrict file for
forbid localhost, but I couldn't came up with other solutions.

--
---
Hagbard Celine