[OpenAFS] 2005-01-17 snapshot: good so far on Fedora Core 2.6.10 kernels

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:26:20 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:

> In message <93F0C21DDF895CC819F04400@devrandom.blue.cert.org>,Jason McCormick w
> rites:
>> Great!  I'll have test packages for us done shortly.
>
> i still manage to see a problem with 2.6 flushing dcache children (i have
> a directory with lots of child entries).   it gets stuck walking d_alias.
> the following seems to cure my problem.  i have been of the opinion that
> d_prune_aliases() should be sufficient.  perhaps others using 2.6 could
> try this patch and see if they get the dreaded "Increase -stat parameter
> of afsd(VLRU cycle?)"

I believe that code was missing before and I put it back after we (CMU)
experienced the Increase -stat problem, maybe about a month ago. I'll see
if I have circumstances written down.