[OpenAFS] 2005-01-17 snapshot: good so far on Fedora Core 2.6.10 kernels

Wes Chow wes@woahnelly.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:25:48 -0500

> >Just so I know what to test, is it anticipated that this fixes all previous
> >kernel oops reported before as well as all disk cache issues, including
> >cache consistency problems?
>
> One platform-neutral cache consistency issue probably still exists (the
> "common" one cured by fs flushv) and Chas Williams suggests there is
> still a Linux-specific issue also. I suspect there is one more w.r.t.
> multihomed hosts, and I need to get a patch out to the person who said
> he'd test, but there may be a release soon anyway on the basis of "it's no
> worse than 1.3.77, and mostly better".

Are these 1.3.x specific issues, or do they exist under 1.2.13 as
well?  We occasionally see cache consistency problems with 1.2.13,
however nothing is really reproducable.

Wes

--
http://www.woahnelly.net/~wes/          OpenPGP key = 0xA5CA6644
fingerprint = FDE5 21D8 9D8B 386F 128F  DF52 3F52 D582 A5CA 6644