[OpenAFS] naive questions about openafs

Guillaume Rousse rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:43:07 +0100

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>
>> I also tried the libafs_tree, and found a minor bug: the
>> configure_libafs must be renamed to configure, otherwise the first
>> configure test (ls -t) will fail.
>

> We can fix that.
>
>> Anyway, it doesn't solve my problem, as the configure doesn't generate
>> the final Makefile for creating the module, only a primary Makefile in
>> src/libafs that will create AND execute in the same run final makefile
>> for two hardcoded target modules.
>

> Yes, you need to run configure at the time the modules are being built,
> not before, anyway. Wrap it in a makefile if you must, but given that
> configure must be run against the kernel source you want to build from,
> having a pregenerated final makefile isn't going to work.
I don't care how much call to configure or make I have to do, what I
want is to be able to reach a stage where I could invoke make with my
own args to create a single kernel module. Current build system give me
one makefile that immediatly creates two target modules with hardcoded
args, and I couldn't find any intermediate step.
--
You can't push a horse on a lunge line
		-- Murphy's Horse Laws n°11