[OpenAFS] naive questions about openafs

Guillaume Rousse rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:07:42 +0100

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> writes:
>

>>I don't care how much call to configure or make I have to do, what I
>>want is to be able to reach a stage where I could invoke make with my
>>own args to create a single kernel module. Current build system give
>>me one makefile that immediatly creates two target modules with
>>hardcoded args, and I couldn't find any intermediate step.
>

>   make MPS=SP
>
> Will make only one of them.
Right, but it still make symlinks to source files, generate the
makefiles, and execute it immediatly with its own options. What I want
is something ready to be included in current 2.6 linux tree, so as to be
able to run it with different options.

BTW, I could be wrong, but I don't really see kernel-tree-specific
options in the generated makefile, apart build directory pathes that
could get easily made relatives. I tested against two different 2.6
sources trees. I also think and insertions of package and version name
in the module could be made before shipping the source tree. I'll try to
do a manual setup, based on the list of .o files in the makefile.
--
When you finally buy enough memory, you will not have enough disk space.
	-- Murphy's Computer Laws n°3