[OpenAFS] Disk cache not updating

Brian Huntley bhuntley@clarkson.edu
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:34:26 -0500

--=_alternative 0065F16E85256F90_=

Hmm.. must have missed that...

In any case, it is reproducible in that whenever the cache is flushed by
hand, it will eventually stop updating again, but the wall time that
elapses before a failure varies.  It does seem to be consistent that it
occurs most often with the volumes that have the most transactions on them
per unit time.

I'll gen some fstrace data and send it along

Thanks
-b
--
Brian T. Huntley, Manager of Network Operations
Office of Information Technology

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Sent by: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
01/21/2005 12:11 PM

openafs-info@openafs.org
cc

Subject
Re: [OpenAFS] Disk cache not updating

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Brian Huntley wrote:

> Howdy folks...
>
> Just wondering if there's anything else I can send along to help debug
> this issue...

You never answered it if was reproducible. In any case, I suppose running
fstrace while this is occurring may also shed some information.

--=_alternative 0065F16E85256F90_=

whenever the cache is flushed by hand, it will eventually stop updating
again, but the wall time that elapses before a failure varies. &nbsp;It
does seem to be consistent that it occurs most often with the volumes that
have the most transactions on them per unit time.</font>
it along</font>
Brian T. Huntley, Manager of Network Operations<br>
Office of Information Technology<br>
Clarkson University<br>
bhuntley@clarkson.edu -- 315.268.6723<br>
&quot;UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends
are.&quot;<br>
&gt; Howdy folks...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Just wondering if there's anything else I can send along to help debug<br>
&gt; this issue...<br>
You never answered it if was reproducible. In any case, I suppose running
fstrace while this is occurring may also shed some information.<br>