[OpenAFS] naive questions about openafs

Guillaume Rousse rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:27:00 +0100

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> writes:
>

>>Right, but it still make symlinks to source files, generate the
>>makefiles, and execute it immediatly with its own options. What I want
>>is something ready to be included in current 2.6 linux tree, so as to
>>be able to run it with different options.
>

> That's what the configure script is for.  Generally you run:
>
>        ./configure
>        make
>
> This is true even with the "libafs_tree" results.  See the
> openafs-kernel-source package in the "official" RPMs.
I saw, but it still not what I need. It pregenerates a build
environment, then call the kernel build system in one run.

Here is the relevant part of generated makefile:

libafs.ko: .FORCE
         env EXTRA_CFLAGS="${EXTRA_CFLAGS}"
../$(srcdir)/make_kbuild_makefile.pl ${KDIR} $@
/home/guillomovitch/tmp/libafs_tree/src/config/Makefile.config
Makefile.afs Makefile.common
         env EXTRA_CFLAGS="${EXTRA_CFLAGS}" $(MAKE) -C
${LINUX_KERNEL_PATH}
M=/home/guillomovitch/tmp/libafs_tree/src/libafs/${KDIR} modules

What I want is to run everything until first line on the package build
host, and execute the second line on the package target host.
--
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard
		-- Murphy's Laws on Work n°4