[OpenAFS] naive questions about openafs

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:52:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

>> That's what the configure script is for.  Generally you run:
>>
>>        ./configure
>>        make
>>
>> This is true even with the "libafs_tree" results.  See the
>> openafs-kernel-source package in the "official" RPMs.
> I saw, but it still not what I need. It pregenerates a build environment,
> then call the kernel build system in one run.

well, what you describe yourself as needing isn;t going to work, so you're
going to have to eiher ask us better questions or we're going to have to
explain better

> Here is the relevant part of generated makefile:

generated by what? what exact steps are you taking which are leading you
to the conclusion that you can't do what we're suggesting?

> What I want is to run everything until first line on the package build host,
> and execute the second line on the package target host.

you can't, unless you also generate the configuration makefile fragment
and header again, on the second host. it's really that simple.