[OpenAFS] Re: Bos server troubles with Suse 9.0

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:13:53 -0800

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:

> I've been running a KRB4 1.2.11 open afs on 2 SUSE 9.0 x86 boxes for a
> year with no problems. About 500 net GB of raid on each. They are not
> heavily used.

> The servers reboot every week automatically so there is no possibility
> of a 25 day run.

> Typically this is done with code that has memory leaks.

While this is great if it works for you, note that there should be no need
to restart OpenAFS servers periodically.  Our file servers generally run
uninterrupted and without restarts for over a year at a time, and we only
ever restart them to do software or system upgrades.