[OpenAFS] Recommendations on Transarc -> OpenAFS Cell

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:03 -0500

Does anyone have recommendations and or experience with a Transarc ->
OpenAFS migration?  We have cell that's been running for about 15 years
- 6 TB, 30,000 volumes 20 fileserver, KRB5 infrastucture.  We've built
quite extensively using this infrastructure.

Thoughts are to

a) Create a new (higher performance) cell from scratch - migrate Unix
users to the new cell while dropping Mac and Windows users - migrating
them to a NetApp filer.  Eventually shuting down the "old" cell.

b) Migrate the Transarc cell -> OpenAFS and then remove use Mac and
Windows users.

Are there any on this list with experiences about doing the Transarc ->
OpenAFS  migration?

Thanks,

Rich

--