[OpenAFS] AFS Problem with Win2K

David Claessens dac@tinc.be
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:30:08 +0100

I have setup a Linux openAFS server with MIT Kerberos 5 for the home directories of
my users. Now this works fine on linux clients, I'm having troubles connecting
windows clients.

I have installed Kerberos Leash 2.6.4 and the openAFS client 1.3.7700 on the windows
machines. I have also disabled SMB signing on the windows machines. I have no problem
obtaining a kerberos ticket and an AFS token and the home drive on the server gets
mapped to a drive.

But I'm unable tot browse this drive. The best result so far is that after a while
it's show the users home directories as regular files in explorer. Once my
home-directory was visible as a map and the rest of the users directory's where
files. But even then I was unable to browse my home directory.

The eventlog shows only 3 warnings:
twice Event ID 1004: SMB session startup, 1 ongoing ops
Event ID 1005: Pkt straddled session startup, took 64912ms, ncb length 96

I have looked this up but I could only find references to overloaded server or
servers behind firewalls and this is not the case. This is a test setup of one server
and 4 clients (2 Linux, 2 Win2K) on a private internal 100Mbit LAN.

--
| David Claessens              |   Internet: dac@tinc.be             |