[OpenAFS] Fwd: Unify NAS file serving & policy based tiering

John Rudd jrudd@ucsc.edu
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:59:56 -0800

One of the things I remember hearing from AFS people is about how it=20
handles an abstraction layer between the name space and the actual=20
location of the storage.  It sounds like this product is basically=20
providing that for groups of NFS servers.

I don't know if they're going to be supporting NFSv4, but if they do, I=20=

wonder what the main differences are that would remain between AFS and=20=

NFS (with this appliance, and kerberos auth in v4).

Begin forwarded message: