[OpenAFS] vos examine oddity

Dexter Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:16:13 -0700

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> It is about the volume being examined, but what it tells you are that
> volume's relations to other volumes in the same "volume group" on the
> fileserver.  Recall that a volume group is essentially a set
> of volumes
> that share inodes (through cloning and copy-on-write).

Thanks for the clarification.  Let me see if I got it right.  (Ever use the
automated flight info line for United?  I'm beginning to sound like same.)

Sharing inodes entails "on same fileserver/partition," so all of the
information about the volume group pertains only to volumes found on the
same fileserver and partition as the volume being examined.

Kim