[OpenAFS] Re: Cache file system (ext2) corruption with 1.3.84 and kernel 2.6.11.11

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:22:30 +0100

I have previously reported that my ext2 file system caches are getting
corrupted with 2.6 and with 2.4 kernels, no matter what version of gcc
is used to compile them (see June 10 and thereabouts in openafs-info).

This problem persists, and I now have a new symptom.  When I shut down
openafs, the kernel module is removed and afsd is killed, but the
cache partition is still mounted.  If I unmount the cache this happens:

     #/etc/init.d/openafs-client stop
     #umount /var/cache/openafs
     VFS: Busy inodes after unmount.  Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have
	a nice day...

This seems to indicate that bookkeeping of inodes in use is faulty.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk