[OpenAFS] SuSE 9.3 asetkey and aklog

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:11:09 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_02F9_01C582E4.93FEC970

SuSE has changed from Heimdal to MIT and includes aklog and asetkey in a
small rpm that is installed with the 1.3.78 release of openafs.

The problem is that the directory structure for the SUSE build is
/etc/openafs/ for the client and /etc/openafs/server for the server.

If one installs 1.3.84 with Transarc paths the only way to get tokens is to
link KeyFile, CellServDB and ThisCell from /etc/openafs tree to the
appropriate /usr/afs/ tree. Then aklog and asetkey work fine (I think). At
least afs tokens show up..

Rebuilding aklog and asetkey from the SuSE sources seems to have its
problems.

It there any way to include aklog and asetkey in the main openafs
distribution to allow a more straightforward upgrade path for openafs?

Aklog is in the current tree but doesn't seem to build, asetkey is in the
MIT dist'n which I would rather not install.

tedc

------=_NextPart_000_02F9_01C582E4.93FEC970

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>SuSE 9.3 asetkey and aklog</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">SuSE has changed from Heimdal to MIT =
and includes aklog and asetkey in a small rpm that is installed with the =
1.3.78 release of openafs.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The problem is that the directory =
structure for the SUSE build is /etc/openafs/ for the client and =
/etc/openafs/server for the server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If one installs 1.3.84 with Transarc =
paths the only way to get tokens is to link KeyFile, CellServDB and =
ThisCell from /etc/openafs tree to the appropriate /usr/afs/ tree. Then =
aklog and asetkey work fine (I think). At least afs tokens show =
up&#8230;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rebuilding aklog and asetkey from the =
SuSE sources seems to have its problems.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">It there any way to include aklog and =
asetkey in the main openafs distribution to allow a more straightforward =
upgrade path for openafs?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Aklog is in the current tree but =
doesn't seem to build, asetkey is in the MIT dist'n which I would rather =
not install.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">tedc</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_02F9_01C582E4.93FEC970--