[OpenAFS] afs directory

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:14:10 -0400

On Monday, July 11, 2005 06:59:06 PM -0400 Rodney M Dyer <rmdyer@uncc.edu>
wrote:

> At 06:36 PM 7/11/2005, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:11:35 PM -0400 Rodney M Dyer
>> <rmdyer@uncc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> AFS and Kerberos 5 are separate code bases, and neither is "in" the AFS
>>> network.
>> Well, that's clearly not true....
>
> Oh, thank you for knit picking.  Of course you probably could find the
> sources in AFS.  But without someone pointing you to the exact location,
> finding the stuff could be a harrowing experience.  People don't normally
> give other users AFS "coordinates" to source and binaries, they usually
> get "web" coordinates.  Besides, if your AFS client isn't working, what
> are you going to do then?

Not use AFS, presumably.  But one of the original questions was "Where can
I find the current krb-afs source code within the afs network?".  I wasn't
providing an answer just to prove I could, but because the question had
been asked.

For those wondering, all of the cells I mentioned in my earlier message
_are_ registered in the Public CellServDB, which can be obtained from
/afs/grand.central.org/service/CellServDB or, for those who don't yet have
a working AFS client, from http://grand.central.org/dl/cellservdb/CellServDB

-- Jeff