[OpenAFS] mount points and replication problems

Cédric CACHAT lsf@noos.fr
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:11:56 +0200

Thanks for your precisions, Frank
I did not mount my home directories with de -rw option, now I understand
why it is important. I'll try it tonight.
I have understood, thanks also to Todd, Horst and Jeffrey that there is
little point in replicating home directories since they change quite
often, I think backing them up will be enough (in case of data loss).
But I've seen how great AFS is for authentication since I can used my
Kerberos REALM provided by MIT Kerberos V. It took me some time to tune
the two components so they might work together. Now that they are, I'll
keep AFS even if I was expecting so much more... (thats is because I
don't contribute to AFS's programming, and you know how clients are
never happy, they always expect more than what's reasonable ;-) ) So
keep up the good work.

Thank you all for your quick help.

Cédric