[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Web page...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:28:24 -0400

It appears that OpenAFS 1.3.8500 is out now.  I think the "1.3.8400" string
in the release flash needs to be fixed...

      11-Jul-2005 - OpenAFS 1.3.85 Released!
      OpenAFS 1.3.84 represents the new stable Windows release, and
includes a multitude of bug fixes as well as several new features. For Unix
platforms, 1.3.85 includes several important fixes for bugs in previous
versions of OpenAFS 1.3.

Also, can someone please add a line break after the news flash for the
following item...

      22-Mar-2005 - AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop
      The second annual AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop will be held
June 20-24, 2005 at Carnegie Mellon University. The workshop will include
two days of tutorials and three days of talks including keynote speaker
Mike Kazar, one of the original developers of AFS. For more information or
to submit a talk or paper, see http://www.pmw.org/afsbpw05/.

Please pay attention to cosmetic detail.  In order for OpenAFS to grow,
people need to think it is managed by competent individuals, and the web
site is the only "face" for the group right now.

And, why is it that when I right-click to download the source distribution
"openafs-1.3.85-src.tar.bz2" the dialog saves the file as
"openafs-1.3.85-src.tar.tar" ???

Rodney