[OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.85 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:52:58 -0700

RE:
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.3.85/SRPMS/openafs
-1.3.85-rhel4.0.src.rpm

1. afs-krb5 does not seem to be in this rpm
2. the afs sources compile and run fine on SUSE 9.3 (2.6 kernel). Even
./configure works
3. so far so good
4. a tar.gz with everything would be helpful

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Christopher Allen Wing
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:14 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org; openafs-devel@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.85 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386,
x86_64)

I updated the RHEL4 RPMs to the 1.3.85 release.

I made the following changes:

 	- since it appears to be under active development now, I packaged
 	  the aklog from the openafs source, instead of the one from the
 	  afs-krb5 migration kit.
 	- tweak the module version matching script to prefer modules for
 	  kernels with the same 'major release' number

I also included the patch from CVS to remove the debugging printk() from the
kernel module. (linux-dynamic-inodes-20050713)

You can download the 1.3.85 packages for i386 and x86_64 from:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.3.85

Note that the pam_krb5 module in RHEL4 is defective and will not work
properly with AFS in many circumstances. I have entered bug reports and
patches in bugzilla but Red Hat has not acted upon any of them. In the
mean time you can download fixed pam_krb5 RPMs for i386 and x86_64 from
here:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/pam_krb5/2.1.2-1.fixed

I would especially be interested to know what people think of these
packages; would these be suitable as a starting point for 'official'
OpenAFS 1.4 RPMs?

Thanks,

Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu