[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Web page...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:45:59 -0400

At 01:11 AM 7/15/2005, you wrote:
>I see no "1.3.8400" string.  I do see a "1.3.84".

You're just as bad as Derrick correcting my grammer.  :)

I made a mistake in a single email.  I'm not the one with the public website.

My job is kind of stressful because I'm working against the tsunami of
Novell on our campus.  Trying to prove that AFS is worth its mettle isn't
easy when the web site contains problems.  The upper management doesn't
like inconsistency.

As for the other problems, I don't know.  Claiming that just because a line
feed doesn't appear on browsers besides IE, and that "i'm being protected",
isn't helping.  AFS is probably being held back from a wider audience just
because of that kind of thinking.  Our effort should be to evangelize AFS
in a consistent and professional level through all available
channels.  Most all of our faculty, staff, and students use IE for whatever
reason (they might be brain damaged).  So all of them see the lack of a
line feed, and the compressed source code is saving as "tar.tar".

>Fixed.

Thank you.

Rodney