[OpenAFS] RHEL 3.2 64bit and OpenAFS

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:20:51 -0400 (EDT)

Ron:

The existing 1.2.13 OpenAFS RPM works fine for the client, with a few
changes. We are using it on RHEL3 for x86_64 without any problems.

Here is the build that we use (binary and source RPMs):

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.2.13/

Note that the pam_afs module is missing from this, because it doesn't
build for x86_64 in OpenAFS 1.2. (it builds properly in the 1.3 tree)

I don't know if the server will work on x86_64, if you build using OpenAFS
1.2. You could quickly give it a try with the above binary packages,
though; else you may need to build from the 1.3 tree.

-Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu