[OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.85 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:40:14 -0700

Chris,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, ted creedon wrote:

>>> no - compiling all from scratch

All I did was take the existing 1.3.85 source and package it in a way that
is useful for RHEL4. If you are not running RHEL4 or if you don't want to
use RPMs, that I suggest you obtain the generic source code from openafs.org
and ignore my packages.

>>> Question: is the resulting libafs<uname>.ko the same in any event?

My packages use a different naming convention for the kernel module than the
standard OpenAFS source. This is so that modules for all the different
variants of the Red Hat kernel can be simultaneously packaged in a
consistent way.

>>> I looked at your disribution rpms with "rpm -q -vv -l -p <package.rpm>"
> to see what is there.
>>> Question: are those binaries from the sources in the link above, or
>>> have
> they been patched?

Look at the .spec file to see which patches are applied to which sources.
For the most part I am not trying to add any patches besides what's needed
for things to build and work properly on RHEL4.

>>> Comment: in afs-krb5 aklog fails to compile. The hack is to manually
> replace -lkrb524 with -ldes425 in the gcc line

(this is offtopic for my RPMs) You should try building aklog in the
openafs source tree, not from the afs-krb5 source tree. Does that work?

.h file.

>>> Comment afs-krb5 should have the patch directory removed as its passe'
> now.

I don't understand what you mean. aklog is now part of the openafs source.
The rest of afs-krb5 (asetkey, fakeka, ka-forwarder, keyfile_dump) is not
part of openafs, and so I still build those things separately.

asetkey and its not in the MIT krb5 sources.
I.e. how do you get a token for cell "bigcell" at domain some.domain.com in
realm SOME.DOMAIN.COM?

>>> Question: the afs-krb-2.0-64bit.patch is for 32 and 64 bit
architectures?
> Looks like it.

That's a bugfix patch which fixes a crash in aklog on 64-bit machines. The
aklog in the openafs source tree already has this fix applied.

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu