[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Web page...

hays@ibiblio.org hays@ibiblio.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:56:45 -0400

--On Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:01 PM -0400
openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> From: "ted creedon" <tcreedon@easystreet.com>
> Cc: <openafs-info@openafs.org>
> Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Web page...
> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:54:49 -0700
>
> What are you offering?
>
> The Latex docs need updating and proofing.
>
> Docbook format needs to be investigated but it looks like the vast array
> of fonts used by IBM may be challenging.
>
> Other.
>
> tedc

If you want editing and proofing, I'm willing to try to fit some of that
kind of work in (I've offered before). I don't know about updating--it's
not like I know that much about afs, especially server side--but I've got
experience editing.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, is there a single central repository for
the docs regardless of format?

And is this a big enough issue to warrant a separate list?

FWIW, my experience has been that the frustrating thing about the
documentation I've been able to find so far is that it's very terse. I do
not mean that in a critical way, since I understand the shortness of time,
but that is a barrier to new adopters.

--

bil hays