[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Web page...

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:03:39 -0700

All good questions, with no immediate answers.

>tgc:The book "Managing AFS" by Campbell is out of print and should really
be replaced by an "OpenAFS, Operation and Maintenance Manual".

Perhaps there are some other suggestions?

>tgc:I'd rather see raw content produced over form. It won't be by the
developers since they're buried with work. TXT or html files are OK with me,
the conversion to Latex is simple.

So, I take it this a matter of text conversion?

>tgc: Actually the publications are compiled from Latex source in a batch
process.

How do the docs get checked out of and back into CVS?

>tgc:  I can set a CVS site up if openafs doesn't.

Who gives the approval before new editions or formats are released to the
public?

>tgc: Good question. Since the docs are in Latex/pdf/html format using a
collaborative review and comment system pretty much limits us to using
Adobe, unless pdf's are used with Chapter/Section/line numbers. This is
somewhat archaic but would suffice. The developers are the only people with
the knowledge to review...

Could someone interested in this get write access to an AFS directory on
openafs.org?

>tgc: Jaltman??

Michael