[OpenAFS] trouble with pam_krb5

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

Kurt:

Sorry, I was wrong about the PID being different pointing to a problem. I
had misread our log files here, thinking that on our systems, the pid
didn't change between auth and session phase.

Actually, it looks like the problem is 'keyboard-interactive'
authentication in sshd. This seems to break the krb5 PAM module.

I'm guessing that you changed the default configuration in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config from

 	ChallengeResponseAuthentication	no

 	ChallengeResponseAuthentication	yes

or something like that? (or maybe you just removed the line altogether;
challengeresponse is enabled by default if nothing is there)

With the default /etc/ssh/sshd_config from openssh-server-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.4,
everything works; if I change it so that ChallengeResponseAuthentication
is enabled, then pam_krb5 fails for me in the exact same way it fails for
you.

Ensure that you have:

 	ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and see if that fixes your problem?

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu