[OpenAFS] pre-fetch cache (odd thoughts about bit-torrent....)

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:20:50 -0500

I guess I'll blame this on a bad night's sleep. But in reading this
discussion about a pre-fetch cache an odd thought cropped up.

If the OpenAFS file servers have a notion about what exists in the
caches of active client systems, would it be possible, (with the
cooperation of the client code), to redirect requests for at least some
of the requests from the file server to some of the client systems (a-la
bit torrent)...

I'll go back to foraging for caffeine now....

Ken Aaker