[OpenAFS] pre-fetch cache

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:42:49 -0500

Hi Jim,

I browsed through the paper and it looks close to what I was thinking
about, so I'd suspect that the general conclusions probably still hold true.

If there were iAFS servers introduced, I think they would be "delay
servers". What I was thinking was a little different, and might be
something that I read about in one of the IBM "Storage Tank"
descriptions. I was thinking that the file server would use a callback
to the clients to say that "the chunk that you want is at this address
(of a closeby client cache) with this ID". The chunk could be
transferred and the chunk registered with the fileserver when the
transfer is done???

Ken Aaker