[OpenAFS] OpenAFS compiled for OpenSSI

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:00:57 -0500

I tried to install OpenAFS (a server this time) on a RHEL3.5 machine.

When I start afs with:

service afs start, this is what I get to see.
This means I have to build everything from the source rpm,  right ?

thanks,
Ron

Hmm...  I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your
Linux
kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a suitable module.
The following information may be of some use in obtaining assistance:
CPU Type:       1586.intel.4
Linux version:  2.4.21-32.EL #1 SMP Fri Apr 15 21:02:58 EDT 2005
RedHat release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 5)
Symbol versions:
  iget4_locked smp_72619261
  iget4_locked smp_72619261
  sock_create smp_12f11519
  sock_create smp_12f11519
Did not find matching module in SymTable
AFS module /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.21-32.EL.mp.o does not
exist. Not starting AFS.