[OpenAFS] removing IP addresses

Lester Barrows barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:27:54 -0700

Hi Kim,

Yes, amongst other suggested/google-researched/IBM documented methods
including the Netinfo file. Nothing seemed to do what we wanted, which is to
advertise the server systems' non-routable addresses for systems on the
non-routable subnet and the external address to everyone else.

The workaround I posted keeps the clients on the non-routable subnet from
hanging waiting for a timeout when AFS first comes up and/or is first
acessed. We've been using it relatively successfully for a few years now, it
works for the limited number of systems where it's needed. It would be nice
if there was a more elegant solution that didn't involve taking down that
network though.

Regards,
Lester