[OpenAFS] Compressed source code...

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:09:44 -0400

Well of course you can build anything, or find a tarball or package on the
web.  My point is that if you do a default installation of OpenBSD from the
CD and don't do anything else, you get gunzip but not bunzip2.  I don't know
why this is.  I thought it was licensing but that now appears not to be the
case.  But there is little point continuing this discussion because OpenAFS
supplies both .gz and .bz2 files.  The recent lapse was a mistake.

The OpenAFS server builds just fine on OpenBSD.  I haven't seen any reports
of it not working so I'll assume that it does.  If you have information to
the contrary please file a bug report and/or let me know.