[OpenAFS] checkpoint and openafs issues

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:54:58 -0700

I had a windows XP box today that I installed openafs 1.3.85 on.

I then used afs to install some additiona software, one of which was
checkpoints vpn secure remote software. After a reboot, we noticed
that just booting the system took well over 40 minutes. Logons took 10
to 15 minutes to complete.

Maybe my disdain for secure remote as colored my thinking, but I want
to blame that software for these latencies. I was just curious if
anyone else has seen this.  And, what I might look for in the
eventlogs to make a guess if checkpoint is indeed causing this
problem.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257