[OpenAFS] AFS suggestions

ERIC K. CHEU ekcheu@uncg.edu
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:25:40 -0400 (EDT)

thanks... I'm actually not a novice AFS administrator.  But my bosses have
just asked me to ask what other people to provide for more redandant
storage and for charge back model.
We are already going to have a raid 5 system implemented to hold our AFS
volumes.  And my boss was trying to think of ways to make AFS volumes more
redundant while at the same time being available for change (something
that is hard to do when you only can make read-only replicas).  Now
if there were such a thing as read-write replicas, then that'd solve a lot
of our problems...