[OpenAFS] Documentation project update

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:32:33 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Esther Filderman
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 11:03 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation project update

On 6/3/05, ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> The documentation project is finished except for hyperlinks.

That's a very nice planet you live on.

>>>The link text is there, just extra special characters in the link field
inserted by whatever converter is used. There should be a way around this
using \newcommand. Takes about 10 min to convert all the IBM docs to Latex.
One should note that \alltt handles special characters differently than
other Latex environments.

> The conversion from IBM htm to tex is stable and the conversion from
> tex to html, dvi or pdf is also stable.

Oh, you mean the project to move from IBM's stuff to your stuff.

>>>What else?

> Perhaps we should have a BOF at the conference and decide what to do.
> There are 2 or 3 ways to convert tex to html and each has its own set
> of limitations.

No provisions have been made for BOFs; this is the first anyone has
mentioned even wanting one.

>>>If there's interest, I'm available mon, tues, wed evenings. Those who
have text can e-mail it to me and I'll demonstrate how to insert it.

Tedc