[OpenAFS] Graphical Tools for AFS Cell Administration?

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:18:18 -0400

Kristian Du wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I have been using openAFS for quite a while now and I was wondering
>whether anyone was aware of the existence of a GUI tool for
>administering an AFS cell. It would be nice to have something like a web
>panel to allow the administrator to perform all usual operations as
>creating volumes, setting up quotas, etc. etc.
>
>If nothing is available I might give it a try implementing it if none of
>you see any technical problems in this. A cgi capable web server with an
>openafs client running should be enough for the job.

I think one of the big questions right off the bat is do you want to
give root access to your cell over to a web client?

Its kinda scary.
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

301 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra