[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client will not start on W2K

Alexander J Jelinek ajjeline@us.ibm.com
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:27:42 -0600

--0__=08BBFAB1DF8388738f9e8a93df938690918c08BBFAB1DF838873

I have a Windows2000 machine that will not start OpenAFS client
The installer runs fine & reboots but the client will not start afterwa=
rds
Have tried versions 1.3.77 and  1.3.84  (output below is using .84 ver)=

All of the following attempts to start the client fail....
1. command prompt >   net start "OpenAFS Client"
2. Computer Management --> Services --> OpenAFS --> Start
3. making changes in AFS GUI  --> Advanced Tab --> Config AFS Client
    When I made changes here it prompts to start but it still fails

When attempting to start from AFS Client Configuration GUI Panel I get =
this
error message:
"The AFS Client Service could not be started successfully.  You might n=
ot
have the authorization to perform this operation.   Error 0x000042A"

After looking under Applications in Event Viewer I get 2 entries upon
failing to start AFS:

#1  -->  any ideas on afsd_service.c, line 1164 ?
Event Type: Error
Event Source: AFS Client
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1164