[OpenAFS] File searching in openafs space

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:49:19 +0200

* Derrick J Brashear [2005-06-20 08:20:16 -0400]:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Christophe BERNARD wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if there exists a tool like slocate which can run on
> >openafs partitions.
>
> If you mean directly on the fileserver, none exists, but it would be
> possible to write one which works on a namei fileserver [...]

Wouldn't that approach bypass ACLs? This could be a concern for people with
a legitimate need to restrict "l" access to certain directories.

I suppose the slocate-like tool could also make a note of the ACLs it finds
in its scans, and later filter responses to user queries accordingly.