[OpenAFS] FSFS Subversion repository on OpenAFS 1.3.84 problems

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:25:35 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 13:11 -0400, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Blake Atkins wrote:
> > 	Though I have not been able to locate it, I recall reading a post to this
> > list about a similar problem with CVS + AFS.  I believe the solution was a
> > patch to the client source.
>
> Really?  Our CVS seems to be working ok on AFS w/o any patches.
> Now I'm curious.

The only such patch I'm aware of concerns read-only checkouts from
repositories in AFS:  since CVS wants to create lock files in the
repository, without the patch you must have write access even to do a
read-only checkout.  With the patch (which I think is incorporated into
recent versions of CVS) the lockfiles can be placed in a globally
writable directory (i.e. /tmp) and the repository doesn't need to be
writable for read-only checkouts.

The prinmary impetus for the patch was checkouts from repositories in
AFS.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu