[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Krb4 + Krb5

Daniel Henninger daniel@ncsu.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:19:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folk,

I apologize if this is already answered some where but my own search
methods are failing me.  We need to migrate from krb4 to krb5 for a number
of services ASAP.  AFS, of course, is one of these.  Is it possible to
have OpenAFS capable of handling both krb4 and krb5 at the same time?  If
not, I'm not coming up with any other ways to migrate than to take down
all three cells entirely and migrate in one big ugly outage.  So...

Is it possible to have AFS capable of both so we can migrate cleanly?

I'm not well-versed on the inner workings of AFS, so I'm really just
looking for a yes/no and maybe a link to some information about setting up
both.

Also note that we migrated to Kerberos V5 for authentication long ago but
have Kerberos V4 support enabled for 'legacy services' (zephyrs, kpop,
afs's previous life, etc).

Thanks!

Daniel

--