[OpenAFS] Problem with openafs-1.3.79 on kernel 2.6.11

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:20:25 +0000

After some careful testing on various smaller machines, we decided
to move one of our web servers to Openafs 1.3.79 with kernel 2.6.11;
with the exception of the kernel, we are using a fairly standard
Debian sarge system, with glibc 2.3.2.

In about three hours, and well before our normal daily peak stress,
AFS became partially unusable.  Attempts to write produced a message
that the quota was exhausted, which wasn't the case; I tried
stopping AFS, but it wouldn't stop cleanly, claiming that the
filesystem was still in use, even though no processes were running
that could be using it.  My conclusion: 1.3.79 isn't quite up to
production quality, regrettably.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk