[OpenAFS] first bug seen in v1.3.7000 for windows

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:33:57 -0700

I saw bug today in openafs 1.3.7000 for windows. Yes, I know its old.
But just in case you see this...

We had a user using windows explorer to browse files in afs and he saw
some files listed as 0 bytes, and when he attempted to open them, they
were empty. Yet, I could open these files from my openafs machine
running on linux. The files in afs were 'ok'. They weren't corrupted.
Its just that his cache manager didn't properly 'get them'.

so, if anyone sees this behavior, check the version.  uninstalling
1.3.7000 and installing 1.3.7700 fixed the problem.

btw, is there a way to remotely query a windows box for the version of
openafs it may be running? something like a registry key?

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257