[OpenAFS] AFS cache on loop device

Ingo van Lil inguin@gmx.de
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:36:44 +0100

Hi there,

I recently installed OpenAFS 1.3.78 on my Linux 2.6.8 laptop.
Unfortunately I didn't think I'd ever need to access AFS on that machine
when I installed my distribution, so I didn't allocate any space for an
ext2 AFS cache partition (I'm using reiserfs for about everything). So,
in order to avoid a complete reinstallation, I created a 512 MB image
file, created an ext2 filesystem on it and mounted it via /dev/loop*.
Using that as cache works pretty flawless, only after shutting down the
AFS client the filesystem refuses to be unmounted any more ("device is
busy"). Calling "fuser -m /usr/vice/cache" doesn't show any processes
accessing the fs, though. What can I do in order to be able to shut down
my system cleanly again?

        Cheers,
            Ingo