[OpenAFS] adding a server to a cell

Dexter Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:44:27 -0700

If the fileserver is running, put a volume on it.  "vos create -help"

Mount the volume.  (fs mkmount -help)

cd to the mount point.

client reads mount point, asks vlserver where new volume is located.
vlserver looks up volname, returns location, which is a vice partition on
the new fileserver.

Client talks to fileserver.

Kim